26.5.10

Fun with Photos



While working on the Amazing, Super-Spectacular OWL, we recently ran into an Attribution Nightmare.  We soon found we were spending more time attributing photos we used than developing content for our tutorials...yikes! 
To solve this problem, B, who is heading up the project, looked to her own photo stash, and the rest of us soon followed suit. 

It didn't take long before I ran out of pics, however, as just about every photo I've taken in the last 2.5 years has been Arthur-centric.  I found myself one recent morning sprawled across the hardwood surrounded by literally hundreds of old photos in a strange postmodern mandala formation.  I took everything I thought I could use and tossed it into a lined apple basket and put our lab assistant to work scanning them.  They were badly cropped, taken with cheap cameras, etc., so I am now going through in my down time and using a photo editing program to spruce them up a bit.

The cool by-product of this time vampire is that I get to revisit places I've been and things I've done with new eyes.

Here are some of my favorites.


This is a church we visited in Nurnberg when we were over there in 2006 or so.


Niagara falls, taken when I was a teenager in the early 90s.


The inaugural Bonnaroo (from the VIP stage), 2002.



 A little church in South Texas where we attended a friend's wedding 10 or so years ago.



Keith and Melissia's wedding reception in 1997 or 98.



Justin contemplating the Oklahoma City Memorial.


Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World in Florida, 1994.



Corpus Christi.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Love the photos, especially the way you "vintaged" them up with the colors and the round photo corners.

Unknown said...

Thank you! I really want to include lots of colorful, interesting images in our tutorials. For the tutorials, I am posting the photos with captions on them...examples of misplaced modifiers, weak verbs, etc. Thanks, technology!

Post a Comment