I recently added a new favorite, Audrey Kitching. She's so super cute. I love clicking through her hair pics alone.
Now check out this awesome headband tutorial from her blog. Matter of fact, Audrey is really, really into floral headbands. I am extra into large, awesome stuff to wear on one's head ever since I fell in love with Ban.do.
Remember the pretty floral wreath I made for my wedding in 1997? Or remember those fairy princess birthday tiaras I made for my cousin's birthday a few years ago?
Using our day excursion to the Renaissance Festival in Muskogee as my excuse, I worked diligently into the night making some new goodies.
Thus inspired, this time I used a soft, thick nylon baby headband for Lucy. I attached pieces of bright colored tulle and ribbons, then hot glued flowers. I tested to make sure the inside was still soft and comfy for baby girl's head as I went along. Obviously, this isn't something your baby would rock all day or all the time, but it is a great prop for a photo shoot.
Some of the flowers had wonderful little opalescent beads on the ends of their stems that looked like tiny bubbles. For safety reasons that should be obvious, I actually disassembled them and added a dab of hot glue, then slid them back into their little holes carefully. Despite all my efforts, I burned the hell out of myself...while putting the glue gun away.
For my adult version, I wanted it to be expandable and was more concerned with cuteness than comfort. I used floral wire, twisting about four pieces together to get a decent base to work on, then wrapped with floral tape, and finally with ribbon. For these wreaths, I used a sheer ivory.
All of the supplies for today's project came from Dollar Tree, mainly because we were there procuring pirate swords.
Anyway, Tina wanted yellow and white to match her dress, so I next cut and tied small pieces of white ribbon and tulle on the wreath, just as I did with the baby's.
Next, I selected my flowers and hot glued to high heaven. Here's the finished product.
Finally, I twisted the end of the wire into little loops to slide the ribbon through, cut two long lengths of ribbon, slid them through the little loops and applied a dab of hot glue to each end where the ribbon folds in half, This way, the wreath is adjustable.