1.6.11

Back to school

...like Rodney Dangerfield,.

Going back to work tomorrow means saying good-bye to baby snuggles and beer with lunch and the simple pleasure of folding laundry on my own time, not 1 AM. I know that being a stay-at-home parent is a real job and that it's very hard at times, but it's a job where you are with the people you love most all day long, you make the rules and even if your kids are very busy, you make the schedule to some degree. You take a day off if you need it, and while not always possible, taking a nap when you need it won't potentially cost you your family's livelihood.

I love maternity leave. I never want to go back to work. I want to stay home and sell vintage boudoir on my new etsy store Bessie Mae and on finishing up my glamping guide. Crafting, cooking and writing on my own schedule, playing with the kiddos: this life is the best.

Even with the surgery pain and the reverse cycling, being a stay-at-home mom was everything I dreamed it would be and more. I don't want it to end.

Of course, Justin is a terrific stay-at-home Daddo. And I love my job. I adore it. Helping students is one of the most rewarding jobs a person can have. Still, I will miss everyone here like crazy. I am extremely lucky to live close enough to come home in a flash if I am needed or if I have a sudden mommy meltdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment