2.6.11

Some of my favorite makeup in my two favorite looks

Romantic Boho Princess

Revlon Pure Confection Highlighting Powder





Maybelline Moisture Extreme Candied Apple


Image borrowed from audreydao.com





L'Oreal H.I.P. Shocking Eye Shadow Pigments in Restless
Loose, iridescent shadow




L'Oreal H.I.P. Crystal Shadow Duo in Mystical






MAX Factor Vivid Impact Eyeshadow Duo Moody Mint
L.A. Colors Shimmering Loose Eye Shadow in Lollipop


L'Oreal HIP Pure Pigment Stick
 in Dazzling



Revlon Nail Enamel in Minted


 


Cosmic Girl



L'Oreal HIP Pure Pigment Stick in Exhilarating





L'Oreal H.I.P. Metallic Shadow Duo in Platinum

This is the first and only true brilliant silver shadow I've found that wasn't a boutique line.


L'Oreal H.I.P. Shocking Eye Shadow Pigments in Valiant



L.A. Colors Shimmering Loose Eye Shadow in Snow White

 



MAX Factor Vivid Impact Mascara Duo Pink & Black



Bloody Mary's Purple Mascara from Hot Topic

I want to say a couple of things about Hot Topic. First, I have read a couple of mentions of Hot Topic as "gothy" or for those who prefer "the darker side." Yet it's pretty much a raver's paradise. I kind of think that the only place that offers purple mascara and my favorite hair dye, Fish Bowl, along with a striking array of Lolita-inspired clothes and character undies is hardly dark. I'm just sayin.

Second, Bloody Mary's mascara pretty much sucks balls. It's kind of dry after a few uses and doesn't seem to have been produced by anyone with actual experience in cosmetics. That said, it's freaking purple mascara, and it does have a bit of a shimmery quality that makes that first use worth the eight bucks and the awkward conversation with the high school kids who think it's awesome you have rainbow hair at your age and your baby is rocking a onesie that says, "I think I just shit my pants."

True story.




No comments:

Post a Comment